8.06.2015

August Lists

August. I just love the sound of the word. August.


As usual, I've been writing lists: trips to take someday, fun-summer-things-yet-to-do, books Xavier and I have read for his summer reading program, films to watch, a grocery list. In the midst of writing my lists, I found a book called Lists of Note:  An Eclectic Collection Deserving of a Wider Audience by Shaun Usher. I immediately added it to my hold list at the library. In it, one can read lists jotted down by Galileo, Sid Vicious, Marilyn Monroe, Ben Franklin, Michaelangelo and F.Scott Fitzgerald, among many others fascinating figures. You can see and read a few of these handwritten lists here.

And one of mine here:

August, A List

Watermelon
Bare Feet
Lake Time
Clean Dive
Peach Galette
Sprawling in the grass
Ice Cream Cones
Evening Walks
Splashing in the creek
Hammock Naps
Popsicles
Summer Camp
Porch swing
Sail Boats
Dandelion Wishes
Bandol Rose
Panzanella Salad
Day Hike
Rope Swing
Sundresses
Splash Parks
Baseball
Sun Tea
Ferry Boats
Tide Pools
Gin Fizz
Water Balloons
Building Forts
Flip-flops
Riding Bikes
Picnics
Beach Boys
Sand Castles
BBQ
Fireflies
Bonfire
S'mores
Stargazing

1 comment: