6.14.2016

Cannon Beach

After a long weekend in Cannon Beach, it now really feels like summer. The 52nd Annual Sandcastle Contest was on with beach bonfire, music and s'mores for the kids. We went hiking and tidepooling in Ecola State Park, played on the beach near Haystack Rock and drank some favorite Oregon wines. We explored Lewis and Clark National Park and Fort Clatsop (and got Centennial stamps for our National Park Passport). Xavier directed play all weekend, "Ok Daddy, I'll be Lewis, you can be Clark. Mommy, you can be Sacagawea and Georgia, you can be her baby Jean-Baptiste." We watched some of the Euro Cup and Xavier then wanted to play soccer on the beach. "Ok I'm England, Daddy, you are France. I'll be Joe Hart. I'll be goalie. I'm a superstar." We visited a few lighthouses, thus ....."Let's play lighthouse keepers. I'm Xavier the lighthouse keeper, Daddy, you're Christian the lighthouse keeper. Mommy, you're Sarah the lighthouse keeper and Georgia, you are Georgia the lighthouse keeper." Such is our life right now. Never a dull moment.



































No comments:

Post a Comment